Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WHOA how has it been this long between posts?! <---- that's my first reaction to pulling up my blogger dashboard. Second reaction was OH YEAH, Hades Week.

In other words, I had the play DUH.

The play went pretty well. We made a little over $350 (our goal was to make enough to rent a real venue next yr and possibly afford script royalties so $300 was the average ballpark). I estimate that I brought in around $50 just from my friends and family that came haha so I did my part. Had the after party on our director's houseboat which was SWEET. I took a picture of the view of the capital from her deck which I might get around to posting a bit later.


In writing news I did manage to get about 300 words written between performances. And then this sunday I went out for drinks (before seeing Captain America in theatres) and got another 500 or so words written. These words went on both "open" scenes. I finished what I had planned out for chapter one though the opener needs to be cut out and either a new opening written or something else added in the first couple pages to flesh it out. I havent decided yet what I'm going to do there, I'm trying to just keep adding to my word count and hammering as much of it all out as I can.


Got back to Pullman yesterday. School starts in less than a week. Ordered my textbooks, now I just need to go pay my tuition. gah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment