Monday, August 8, 2011

Amelia update finally!

Sat down and worked on the two "open" scenes I have going in Amelia (chapter 1 in the suite and chapter X their 'first time'). Wrote about 580 words altogether (not bad after a nine day absence). I think there's another 500-1000 words left to write for the 'first time' and that will probably close out that chapter (which i admittedly have not written the first half of, obviously). I'll need to consult my notes.

Boils down to what I said on twitter 'Breaking my writeresblock by writing the sex scenes.' >.> I say sex but it's really just going to be a tasteful R.

I had a moment today when I was working when I realized that despite this being fairly genre (firmly on the action end of Chick Lit, think Helen Fielding's Olivia Joules) I'm not actually sure what kind of market is out there for Gay Chick Lit? It's not as though I'm trying to make a statement with the character, I just wrote these characters down and there was insta-chemestry between her and Detective Kelly. She's a 2/3 on the Kinsey Scale I think, there's really nothing else to it, it just is.

I have more thinkey thoughts to say about this (probably, if I sat down to compose them) but now I'm late for play rehearsal. Will try to write more this evening, make it an even 1k writing day hopefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment