Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lrg Rectangular Shawl with center Diamon Pattern 01

So, here's news of my current knitting project. I found this book a few months back at my local Joanns store and was utterly dumbstruck with the stuff i found. Obviously, not everything is actually usuable but I feel in love with the idea of lace shawl making.

I'm not very handy at knitting though so it's been something of a battle to get any sort of success. But, here at last, I've spent the last two weeks steadily working my way through one of the simple rectangular shawl patters.

Currently finished 260/360 rows for the center panel. (excuse the crappy photo, it's a combination of my camera+the lighting in my house *shrugs*) It's nice and non-blurry but the pattern is mostly lost unfortunatly.

I started this with the intent to have it finished for Prom (which is the 26th of this month). I'm hopeful I'll still be able to accomplish that goal but as the time comes to do the border looms nearer I'm a bit apprehensive--I dont know how to use dpns at all, nor how to knit on any sort of border. So, keeping my fingers crossed.

In other news, I checked a recipe book out from the library the other day full of "Spanish Recipes by Region". I attempted the chiabata bread recipe last night with something less than glowing success but I'm hopeful that with more practice it will come out better in future. At the least, it tastes good, if too dense.






0 comments:

Post a Comment