Friday, April 18, 2008

Bed

Do you ever have a morning when there is almost nothing else in the world that feels or could possibly feel as good as staying cuddled up in bed? It's just like a dream, that mix of tiredness, warmth and cushy-soft comfort.

I read an article recently about how you shouldnt pile a ton of blankets onto yourself when you sleep because your core temperature needs to go down so you can fall asleep. Personally I find this a bit flip-flopped. I almost never have trouble getting to sleep, whether I'm at home or away, hard surface, bed, sofa, inside, outside. On the rare occasions I do have trouble it's 95% of the time because I'm too cold.


I love blankets, bedspreads, comforters. I have about five layers on my bed. A sheet, 2 comforters, a crochet bedspread, and a velour bedspread thingy. It's perfect. Heavenly.


This morning I very seriously did not want to get out of bed. I really just wanted to luxuriate in the niceness of the moment. It was all so warm and safe and comfortable.


I love the color white, white rooms. It's so clean. Not hospital white but beach house white (you know what I mean?) When I get a place of my own I want to get rid of all my clutter and live in a clean, comfortable, white beach house style place with large windows and plush comforters so I can wake up warm and comfortable with a salty breeze ruffling the drapes.


This reminds me that at some point I need to get back to work on my crochet bedspread. ;D

0 comments:

Post a Comment