Saturday, October 29, 2011

What will I be writing....

So we've got just a couple more days until NaNoWriMo which is pretty exciting. I havent actually got anything of what I MEANT to have finished by now finished (I only wrote about 10k of my planned 85K woops?) and I have two papers to finish for school due within the first week of November AND I have angst_bingo which I have yet to really set started on but this just means I have lots of reasons to give myself a swift kick in the arse.

This year my plan is to write The Victor/Ayn Marriage for nano. This story grew out of a bit of misanthropy, general dislike of the modern hypocrisy concerning marriage & sexuality, and a rather strong dislike of the soupy RomCom genre. The title is meant to be a riff on The Victorian Marriage.

"In a time and a society enthralled by the RomCom, this is the story of how an emotionally absent artist and a self-imposed asexual lawyer navigate a marriage of convenience in the modern world, defying the mainstream hypocrisy 'romance,' and rewrite the stereotypical notions of companionship and commitment."

0 comments:

Post a Comment